DirectX 11 - DirectX is a complex of libraries and APIs for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially color graphics, video, 3D animation and stereo sound.
APIs included in DirectX:
- DirectX Graphics. Interface for 3D graphic rendering;
- DirectInput is responsible for processing input data from mouse, keyboard, gamepad, joystick etc;
- DirectPlay for communication over a local-area or wide-area network;
- DirectSound for the playback and recording of waveform sounds;
- DirectMusic for playback of soundtracks in games. Including DirectX Instruments which allows to create software synthesizers;
- DirectSetup for correct installations of DirectX;
- Direct2D for 2D graphics output.
screenshots of DirectX
Windows: MICROSOFT / Microsoft Multimedia Software